14. 1) Write a blog post reflecting on the story of Hamlet and his most famous soliloquy. 2) What parts of his story or his feelings can you relate to? 3) What struggles do you wrestle with when you are alone? 4) What positives do you look for when you are feeling down? 5) What do you think Shakespeare is trying to say about family, suicide, murder, love or life in general in his play Hamlet?
1) Hamlet was about a young teenage boy that was the prince of Denmark (Hamlet) who's father was killed by his fathers brother(uncle) that was sleeping with the queen. Hamlet seen the ghost of his father, who tells him that his uncle Claudius poisoned him and that was the cause of the death. Hamlet is angered because Claudius married Hamlets mother to gain the crown of being the King of Denmark. Hamlets fathers ghost tells him to plot a plan to kill his unlce Claudius. Hamlet needed a good plan to let everyone know how the former king died, Hamlet created a play about the way his father exactly died, Claudius was angered and walked out. Hamlets mother asked why he would do such a thing, Hamlet heard something in the closet, he quickly grabbed a knife and stabbed someone, Hamlet came to know it was his lovers father. T prove himself innocent hamlet had to have a sword fight... Is step father poisoned the wine glass and sword, the mother drinks the wine falls dead and hamlet got stabbed had poison flowing through him as hamlet was dying he killed his step father.
In some ways I can say I can relate to hamlets story because in my life there were many times were I was alone and didn't understand how to cope with the world around me. There were many days were I would turn to very serious dangerous things that could have made me sick or dead. I had so many feelings suppressed inside of me that I had no one to talk to because I would worry about how people would judge me. We're Hamlet and I are the same are the feeling of being alone and judged. The struggles I had faced of being alone was I was diagnosed with severe depression ,the very traumatic events that have happened to me built up so much inside of me that I didn't know what was going in around me, with my severe depression I have put my family through a lot. I would cry myself to sleep, i wouldn't talk to no one in my house, I did not eat, I lost my appetite, I closed myself off from the world, i could barely make it to school, life was just a mess, it was such a mess that I tried many times to make myself "disappear" which really landed me in the hospital and counselling, I have learned with all the struggles I have faced i have learned to become a stronger person and become a role model to the people who have faced the same problems and traumatic events that I have . I love my family for all there support and positivity they made my journey of being better and healthy so much better. When I feel alone I keep myself occupied in the stuff I like doing and that distracts me or i talk to my bestfriend my mommy.The positives I look to when I'm feeling down are that I am in a loving and happy family/environment that support me through my high and lows, my rise and falls, success and struggles, I love how my family keep me happy everyday knowing that I have been through a lot and they want me to stay positive so with their positivity I get through my low days, so with all this positivity life is definitely worth living. I think what Shakespeare is trying to intend is with many struggles comes judging, frustration, and thoughts about your life, with all this if you have negative happening think positive about life,think about the people that care about you. There will always be struggles in life but that's life, you have to suck it up and get through it to become a stronger person.
No comments:
Post a Comment